Wednesday 29 August 2012

Work Experience - Physio



After spending the beginning of this year searching for a placement with a GP surgery and unfortunately being turned down an endless amount of times, it was suggested to me by one of my teachers to search for a placement with a physiotherapist. 

I managed to organise a two-day work shadow placement at Allen Physiotherapy Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine. Having never been to a physio before I did not know what to expect however to my surprise I found it very relatable to a GP surgery.

During my time at Allen Physiotherapy as well as viewing numerous patient examinations I also had the chance to observe three ultrasounds looking at the patients core stability.


 Firstly, the history of the patients were taken; most patients were attending regular appointments where the physiotherapist was just checking on the progress of their recovery. During patient examinations, restriction and pain was noted with the use of diagrams. According to the level of progression of the recovery, more or less intense exercises were recommended to the patient.

Overall, I enjoyed and learnt a lot from my experience at Allen Physiotherapy!


No comments:

Post a Comment