Tuesday 21 August 2012

Martini's Atlas of the Human Body



Undoubtedly, one of the most interesting and fascinating chapters of medicine is undeniably learning about human anatomy; for this reason, I bought this atlas a couple of months ago in order to broaden my current level of knowledge on the human body. I guess along with most people my age, I am more familiar with the organ systems of the human body than other areas but a reason why I have really enjoyed looking through this book has been the fact that it includes much more than just diagrams of organs. The atlas includes a range of diagrams, scans, dissections, superficial dissections and images. In future posts, I will definitely refer to this atlas and use images from it where possible. 

For now, I thought I would share with you one of my favourite pages - the Superficial Dissection of the Face, Anterolateral View. I think the main reason I was extremely immersed by this page was because I have only previously seen computer-drawn diagrams of the facial muscles and seeing this superficial dissection has raised my awareness as to the amazing structure that lays under the skin of our face!


No comments:

Post a Comment